In a departure from my normal posts, I’m excited to share that I’ve been nominated to receive an award, bestowed upon me by a fellow blogger that I happen to enjoy and admire (thanks, Kim of KnockItOffCrafts !) Some of you know that I’ve been a casual (read: lazy) blogger up until recently, when I had the good fortune to join an amazing crew of fellow bloggers via the Creative Bloggers Network. Since then, I’ve felt motivated to not only contribute more to my own blog, but to interact and enjoy the many great blogs that are out there. Thanks, ladies!
I’m honored to be a part of this fantastic group of bloggers, and honored to accept the:
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
This award was created by bloggers, for bloggers. And when you accept the award, you are required to answer the questions posed to your by your nominator, and to nominate 8 of your fellow bloggers for the award. So, off we go!
1. What do you like about blogging?
I like so many things about blogging. I’ve always loved to write, and writing posts that people actually enjoy is a thrill for me. And as a mom that devotes virtually all of her time to her family, it’s refreshing for me to have my own creative outlet. Plus, I LOVE gifs. Love ’em. And blogging gives me a great excuse to use them.
2. What do you dislike about blogging?
The hardest thing for me is to keep to a consistent posting schedule. Life has a habit of getting in the way, and there are so many nights that I want to write a post, but have nothing left. I also need to guard my time in terms of keeping a balance between networking on social media and providing my kids with the quality time that they deserve.
3. Are you an early bird, or a night owl?
Oh, this is an easy one- total night owl. I love the peace and quiet of a late night, lying in bed with a great book or with my laptop propped on my lap. But late nights are not conducive with early mornings, so… hence the coffee. Lots and lots of coffee.
4. If you could go anywhere right now, where would you go?
Somewhere warm, sunny, and beachy. But since I’m realistic, I’d even settle for a Starbucks. Though they’re closed by now. And I’m kinda tired now, so I guess…. bed. Yep, that’d be good.
5. What is currently on your DVR?
Ok, here’s the deal: I don’t have cable. I’ve never DVR’d. (I know. You’re like, “Whaaa…?”) We ditched cable right before our oldest was born, and have never looked back. But don’t worry- we have Netflix. So what’s on my queue? Let’s see… a lot of variety. Terminator 2, Women Aren’t Funny, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, Maron, Comic Book Men, Everybody Loves Raymond.
6. What is your favorite book?
Ooh, just one? Maybe Gone With The Wind. Wait- can I change my answer? The Prince of Tides. Amazing book. Oh, I don’t know. I read incessantly, and love so many different books.
Image Courtesy of www.stillunfinished.com
7. What makes you laugh out loud?
So many things. I love to laugh. I laugh at myself, sometimes. Stand-up comedians make me laugh. Impractical Jokers KILLS me- hilarious every time.WATCH IT. Seriously.
Image Courtesy of en.wikipedia.org
8. What is your favorite quote?
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus.”
9. What is one of your favorite memories?
One of my favorite memories is when The Captain and I took a spontaneous drive down to Florida. We just hopped in the car and drove down south, stopping to stay in swanky hotels, eating out, laughing in the car together as we drove. We were young, in love, and savoring being in the moment. (And also found out we were pregnant with our first child on the last night of that trip.)
10. What’s something you’ve done that’s outside of your comfort zone?
I’m a practical person. I plan things out, analyze situations thoroughly, and make decisions with care. When The Captain and I started dating, it was a whirlwind affair. We were engaged within three months of dating, which was SO uncharacteristic of me. If you had told my 23 year old self that I’d meet a guy, marry him within a year, and have six kids with him, I’d have laughed myself silly.
Out of my comfort zone? Yes. And the best decision I’ve ever made.
Well, my work here is done. I now nominate the following cool bloggers for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (link back to their site)
- Answer the 10 questions sent to you
- Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer
- Nominate 8 fellow bloggers, link them in your post and let them know
1. Where do you get the ideas for your blog posts?
2. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
3. If you spend a day with anyone, living or dead, who would it be & what would you do?
4. What is your favorite personality trait in yourself?
5. What post are you most proud of?
6. What is one item on your bucket list?
7. What is the hardest thing about being a blogger?
8. What has been your biggest personal achievement to date?
9. Do you have any goals for your blog in the future?
10. What does your ideal weekend hold?
© Copyright 2015 Six Pack Mom, All rights Reserved. Written For: Six Pack Mom